Updated in: 17 July 2024 - 13:28
most visited

Hezbollah hit Israel bases with heavy warhead rockets

At least two Israeli soldiers are injured after Hezbollah fighters conduct an operation against a major military installation in the occupied lands in response to acts of aggression against southern Lebanon.
News ID: 84731
Publish Date: 06July 2024 - 14:35

TEHRAN (defapress) - Hezbollah said it launched Falaq rockets with heavy warheads targeting the headquarters of the Israeli military’s 769th Brigade in Kiryat Shmona, as well as 100 salvos of Katyusha rockets targeting the headquarters of Israel’s 210th division and the Kilaa air base in the Israeli-occupied Syrian Golan Heights.

Hezbollah hit Israel bases with heavy warhead rockets

Later, the group said it attacked the Zaarit barracks near the Lebanese border with Burkan rockets, another type of rocket with heavy warheads like the Falaq.

The resistance group said the rocket attack came in retaliation for the Israeli military’s attacks on the southern Lebanese villages of Yohmor, Arnoun al-Shaqif, and Kfar Tebnit.

The Israeli military later stated that two soldiers were wounded and a building was damaged as a result of the rocket barrage.

The regime’s army added that its fighter jets struck a Hezbollah rocket launcher in Marwahin town and an observation post in Houla village in southern Lebanon.

Hezbollah also targeted an Israeli military position at Margaliot Moshav in the Upper Galilee and the newly-established headquarters of the 91st Division of the Israeli military at the Eilit barracks with separate salvos of Katyusha rockets.

The resistance group also shelled the Israeli military Ramtha outpost in the occupied Lebanese Kfar Shuba hills as well as Samaqa and Ramia sites, destroying the designated targets.

Additionally, a facility housing Israeli soldiers at Shlomi town in the northern part of the Israeli-occupied territories came under a Hezbollah rocket attack.

Hezbollah has said its strikes will continue for now in retaliation for Israel's assassination of its commander Muhammad Nimah Nasser on Wednesday.

On Thursday, the resistance group said it launched more than 200 rockets and drones targeting Israeli military positions in response to the assassination.

Later on Thursday, the Israeli military said in a press statement that an officer had been killed in Hezbollah rocket fire.  

Ibrahim al-Moussawi, a member of Loyalty to Resistance parliamentary bloc in Lebanon, stated that Hezbollah’s strikes will go beyond expectations.

Hezbollah and Israel have been exchanging deadly fire since early October last year, shortly after the regime launched a genocidal aggression against the Gaza Strip following a surprise operation by the Palestinian Hamas resistance group.

The Lebanese resistance movement has vowed to keep up its retaliatory attacks as long as the Tel Aviv regime continues its Gaza war, which has so far killed at least 38,011 Palestinians, mostly women and children, and injured 87,445 others.

Hezbollah officials have repeatedly said they do not want a war with Israel while stressing that they are prepared in case it occurs.

Hezbollah’s Deputy Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem said on Thursday that an expanded war with Israel is not likely soon, but his group is fully prepared for the worst-case scenario.

“The movement does not build its military position according to political analyses, but rather according to information and field results,” he told to one of the Arabic news stations. 

Source: PressTV

Tags: hezbollah ، israel
your comment