TEHRAN (defapress) – The Saudi army forces, in yet another move to target Yemeni civilians, fired missiles on the residential areas of the Arabian Peninsula country, local reports said on Friday.
News ID: 75917
Publish Date: 01March 2019 - 20:02
The Saudi forces bombarded the residential areas in border villages in Yemen's northwestern province of Sa'adah, the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV Network reported.
Meantime, the chairman of Yemen’s Supreme Revolutionary Committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, said on Thursday night that the Saudi and Emirati aggressors and their mercenaries, who are opposed to peace and the end of war, have taken a policy to starve the Yemeni nation, the report said.
Earlier in December, the United Nations brokered a truce deal between the warring sides as part of confidence-building measures at peace talks in Sweden to avert a full-scale assault on Yemen’s port city of Hudaydah that is vital for urgent aid supplies for millions facing starvation.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for nearly four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.