TEHRAN (defapress) – At least 40 Saudi and Sudanese soldiers were killed in two retaliatory operations carried out by Yemen troops in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern border region, the spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces said.
News ID: 76260
Publish Date: 18March 2019 - 12:16
At least 11 Saudi soldiers and 26 Sudanese troops were killed during two operations in Saudi Arabia’s provinces of Jizan and Najran, Brigadier General Yahya Saree said on Sunday, Yemen’s al-Masirah news channel reported.
The Yemeni forces targeted military positions across the region following the gathering and analysis of intelligence, he added.
Saree also said Saudi-paid militiamen suffered heavy losses when Yemeni army soldiers and allied fighters from Popular Committees repelled their attacks in some parts of Hudaydah and al-Rabuah provinces.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for nearly 4 years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25, 2018 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.