TEHRAN (defapress) – The spokesman for the Houthi Ansarullah movement made it clear that Yemen’s retaliatory attacks will go on as long as the Saudi-led military coalition continues to bomb the people of Yemen.
News ID: 78086
Publish Date: 16July 2019 - 12:56
In a post on his Twitter account on Monday, Mohammad Abdul-Salam said a halt to the retaliatory attacks would depend on an end to the Saudi war against Yemen and lifting of the blockade.
“The Yemeni nation’s attacks will not stop unless the American-Saudi coalition halts the aggression and lifts the blockade (on Yemen). Anything else would be an illusion,” he underlined.
Abdul-Salam also described the Yemeni retaliatory attacks against the aggressors as an act of “legitimate defense”.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for more than four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Official UN figures say that more than 15,000 people have been killed in Yemen since the Saudi-led bombing campaign began.
The Saudi war has impacted over seven million children in Yemen who now face a serious threat of famine, according to UNICEF figures. Over 6,000 children have either been killed or sustained serious injuries since 2015, UN children’s agency said. The humanitarian situation in the country has also been exacerbated by outbreaks of cholera, polio, and measles.